The Manitoba Combative Sports Commission is recruiting an experienced Administrative Assistant with proven communication and correspondence, financial accounting and organizational skills.
Working independently and proactively managing your own priorities, you will:
- Manage the communications for the office of the Executive Director, including processing and screening all mail, correspondence and requests, responding to routine inquiries, and forwarding to Executive Director or Commission when appropriate.
- Manage the Executive Director’s schedule, organizing and arranging meetings and special events, including facility and a/v setup, travel arrangements, meeting agendas, minutes etc.
- Complete all financial tracking and banking for the Commission, including ledger management, account reconciliation, accounts payable and receivable, and processing payments.
- Develop and maintain an efficient filing system, both paper and electronic, ensuring the security of highly confidential and sensitive documents.
- Provide other administrative duties as required.
To succeed in this position, you have:
- High School Graduation supplemented by post-secondary education in business, office procedures or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) years responsible and diverse office administrative experience, preferably in a management environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of administrative procedures and financial systems including financial ledger management, and reconciliation, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Experience in writing, preparing, editing and formatting complex documents, including: memos, letters etc.
- Above average proficiency with a PC and all Microsoft Office Suite applications, most notable Excel.
Please note, applicants may be subject to a Criminal Record Check and may be required to undergo testing to determine their knowledge, abilities and skills as they relate to the qualifications of the position.
The salary range for this position is $24.75 – $29.17 per hour (note: this is a contract position; the incumbent will be paid as an independent contractor and will not be an employee of the MCSC or the Province of Manitoba)
The position is 3 days per week at 7.25 hours per day.
Application due: May 22th 2015 by 4:00 p.m. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter, clearly outlining how you meet these qualifications to: [email protected]
(Right click or option-click the link and choose “Save As…” to download this file.)